#NaturallyDaring BROOKE VULINOVICH by Marlo Grover
Updated: Apr 13
by Marlo Grover https://mbmnaturallydaring.com/pages/story
Where to begin with Brooke... 100% herself in all her glory, Brooke has built an empire crafting Instagram tips and tricks that actually work (Social Club Community) and a strong personal brand that is addictive to follow. With stints on Channel 9, her face gracing the cover of several print publications and dubbed as Perths 'Roxy Jacenko' - well, you know exactly why she's here...
1. How would you best describe what and who you currently are? I teach Instagram, a bit of business coaching, a bit of how to do life and biz your way and try keep it real without all the BS in between. I have an online training membership called the Social Club and I also created an online course called Post to Profit. Instagram as a platform changed my life and it's my mission to teach other small biz owners how to use it to change theirs too - and have fun doing it! I am also a self confessed donut and reality TV addict. 2. Are you reading or listening to anything at the moment?
YES! I am listening to an amazing podcast (that I actually discovered Marlo on!) called High Tides and Salty Vibes by Sophie Lee Ferguson - get on it! I like to read a book a week, just finished Elon Musk's and next on the line up is Blitzscaling by Reid Hoffman.
3. How would you describe you have got to this point in your life and career?
Work hard, be nice to people, keep your focus on your customer ALWAYS. When you're starting out you need to network like a MOFO - the more people you can meet IRL the better. Take every opportunity that excites you and decline any opportunity that doesn't feel right in your gut.
4. Has there been one person instrumental to your growth and success? How did they impact you?
Yes - the person staring at me in the mirror. You can read books, listen to podcasts, attend networking events, download online courses, work with business coaches - these are all fantastic and instrumental ways to grow your business. BUT. Ultimately it all comes down to YOU. You are the one who needs to grind day in and day out, you are the one who needs to pick yourself up when everything falls apart, you are the one who needs to work out a new way to do something when the old way no longer works, you are the #1 factor in your growth and success. Always.
5. What would you be doing if you weren't on your current path?
OMG I would love to be a singer or performer. I love being on stage! Can confirm I can't sing though soooooooo that's obviously a fundamental reason why I'm not haha.
6. Do you have a routine or habit that you practise that allows you to do what you do?
I have an extremely disciplined routine. I'm off my phone by 7pm and in bed by 9/9:30pm at the very lastest. I wake up daily at 6am and without checking my phone I head to the gym to do a group fitness class. Once I get home I hop on the treadmill and officially begin my "work day" spending an hour responding to DM's, sharing stories, writing posts and engaging with my community on Instagram while I walk. After that hour is finished I shower, eat brekkie and sit down at my laptop to do an hour of emails. Then depending what the rest of the day holds I'm either working from home or out until 5/6pm.. then I eat dinner, watch Home and Away (it's my guilty pleasure) then do it all again the next day.
7. What has been your biggest or best failure and what did you take from it?
Not having a routine soon enough and working myself into the ground. I always believed in work life balance but as my company has grown I've had to change my mindset around this and focus instead on work/life integration. Your entire day begins with how you start your day and without exercise and a routine my whole day/week/month and mind becomes an absolutely overwhelmed mess. The stress you carry in business is determined by your reaction to each situation. When I'm following my routine I'm unfazed by 99% of the things that go wrong and just get on with it. And things go wrong in business every day. It's 50% part of your journey. If I'm out of routine I really struggle when this happens and trying to pick yourself up from a meltdown isn't a pretty place haha! Routine is key. If you don't have one - get one. It will save you so many meltdowns - trust me!
8. What's your personal quirk or point of difference that has helped you to excel in your field? I'm unapologetically me! I get pimples (I call them Robert), I swear a lot, I can get quite sassy at times (as my husband likes to often point out) and I just don't really give a shit what people think about me. I have the mind of a 5 year old but I can say with absolutely confidence that I know my shit when it comes to excelling on Instagram and can always deliver results. I'm confident in what I do and how I do it and the rest is just me being me. The best compliment you can ever receive from an Instagram follower when they meet you in real life is "omg you're exactly the same in person" - hearing that is the best feeling!
9. What's the worst piece of advice you've been given and why was it so awful/useful?
That there's only one way to scale and grow your biz. I was once told by a business coach that if I didn't offer social media management as a service my business wouldn't grow. I believe in teaching other business owners how to manage their own social media so this went against everything I valued and left me feeling defeated and very confused. I sat on it for a while and definitely considered changing my business model but I'm so glad I didn't. I found a way to grow and scale my business with my membership model and now have customers in 20 countries and have managed to grow and scale much faster than I ever would have if I'd listened to him. So if you get advice but it doesn't feel right in your gut - don't just believe them because they are someone you look up to. Stay true to your values and you will find a way that works for you and is right for you - even if it's never been done before. That's when the magic happens.
10. How do you define a #NaturallyDaring woman?
A woman who isn't afraid to do life her way, is confident in her way and is proud of her way.
By Marlo Grover https://mbmnaturallydaring.com/pages/story